Community

9dots.de Webdesign Board

FAQFAQ   SuchenSuchen   MitgliederlisteMitgliederliste   BenutzergruppenBenutzergruppen   RegistrierenRegistrieren 

ProfilProfil   Einloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesenEinloggen, um private Nachrichten zu lesen   LoginLogin 

Major problems in basic programming that influence student p

Dieses Forum ist gesperrt, du kannst keine Beiträge editieren, schreiben oder beantworten.   Dieses Thema ist gesperrt, du kannst keine Beiträge editieren oder beantworten.    9dots.de Webdesign Community Foren-Übersicht -> Battle-Area
Vorheriges Thema anzeigen :: Nächstes Thema anzeigen  
Autor Nachricht
fertooos
Newcomer
Newcomer

Angemeldet: 13.02.2020

BeitragVerfasst am: 17.05.2020, 17:46    Titel: Major problems in basic programming that influence student p Antworten mit Zitat
Computer programming is a subject that involved skill in designing algorithm, writing program, understanding the
syntax as well as the logic of the program. Programming is among the hardest subject to learn due to some reasons
(Daly, 1999) (Jenkins, 2002). We group these reasons into three categories; the programming subject itself, the
students and the teachers. We discuss each of these factors in the following section.
2.1 Subject
The programming subject itself is a main reason that makes the courses difficult because it is new to most of the
students. Programming is a hierarchical skill where students acquire a basic skill before advance level. For example,
students need to learn the basic syntax and then the semantic, structure, and style gradually. However, during the
class, the lecturer will continue teaching without waiting the student to fully understand the topic. Otherwise, the
course syllabus cannot be finished. Programming is not only a hierarchical skill but also a multiple skills.
Programming is a process start with translating an algorithm into program code. The hardest part is to interpret the
requirement specification into algorithm. The right algorithm will produce the right program. Therefore, students are
required to skilled in all processes; design the algorithm, translate the algorithm into program code and write the
program code with the correct syntax.
Generally programming subject is offered level by level; beginner class is in first semester, intermediate class is in
the second and third semester and advance class is in subsequent semester. Students who fail in the examination
needs to repeat the course however those who passed will go to the next level. Unfortunately, for some students even
though they passed the examination but they still lack of confident in programming. When they took the next course,
they will face a problem where they need to learn a new thing as well as improving their programming skill.
The programming language used as a teaching introductory programming course also is a problem. Generally, the
aim of the programming course is to teach student on how to program. Programming language is just a medium used
to achieve that aim. However, most programming language used for teaching is not actually design for teaching but
instead for the industry. Therefore, it is for sure not appropriate language.
Most students believe that programming is a difficult subject to understand and score a good mark. This view is
passed to new students and thus gives bad impression that this subject is the hardest subject.
Programming is a new subject for many students. We cannot expect students to be skilled in programming within
14 weeks. However it may took 10 years for someone to be skilled programmer (Winslow, 1996).
2.2 Students
Students’ interest in the subject is also important. Learning programming will be boring and difficult if they are
not interested in the subject. The way the teachers conduct the class also can be a factor that makes student not
interested with the subject. Different students have different types of motivation. Some students motivated to learn
programming because of their interest while the others were motivated by their parents or friends.
Students’ learning style is also different for each student. Some like discussion with friends while other prefers to
study alone. Whatever their styles are but the most important is the way they thinking. This is because learn to
program involved a different way of thinking (Mayer, Dyck et al., 1986).
2.3 Teachers
Teachers play a prominent role in delivering the knowledge efficiently to the students (Gomes and Mendes, 2007).
Teachers are responsible to explain to the students clearly and suggest to them the solution for their problems.
Learning environment like size of the class, time slot for the class, and duration of the class also can affect students’
motivation (Jenkins, 2001). These can be a problem to the students if the teachers fail to handle the situation besides
the various learning styles of the students.
Benutzer-Profile anzeigen Private Nachricht senden
guremass
Newcomer
Newcomer

Angemeldet: 18.05.2020

BeitragVerfasst am: 18.05.2020, 21:46    Titel: Antworten mit Zitat
Hi there. Thanks to everyone who writes posts here for such helpful tips for students regarding the c # assignment help. Sometimes my knowledge is not enough to perform programming tasks at a high level. Guys, thank you for sharing useful information. I have already found a service according to your recommendations and I am waiting for the finished task to my email account. Cheers cheers!
KateHeart
Newcomer
Newcomer

Angemeldet: 26.06.2020

BeitragVerfasst am: 26.06.2020, 12:29    Titel: On programming assignments Antworten mit Zitat
guremass hat folgendes geschrieben:
Hi there. Thanks to everyone who writes posts here for such helpful tips for students regarding the assignment help.

When I read articles dedicated to programming like this, there's only one thing that comes into my mind that is pain. When I was a programming course student, we've had so many homework coding assignments to accomplish that literally we had no time to sleep normally. For instance, the same day we had two separate courses for python and C#. Learning syntax of both programming languages at the same time was a real challenge for me. If not visited AssignmentCore.com website asking their brilliant developers to assist me, the whole situation related to homework assignments and course's deadlines would have probably become explosive. I' still here and really thankfull for AssignmentCore's every effort to help.
Dieses Forum ist gesperrt, du kannst keine Beiträge editieren, schreiben oder beantworten.   Dieses Thema ist gesperrt, du kannst keine Beiträge editieren oder beantworten.    9dots.de Webdesign Community Foren-Übersicht -> Battle-Area Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Seite 1 von 1

Gehe zu:  
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.

Board Software by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group. Impressum
Dominik Wuttke - Moritz Münchmeyer - Joachim Nagel GbR.
AGB